(Click on a name to read more.)
- “Alison has treated me for severe osteoarthritis over the past three years. I am happy and grateful to say that I am still mobile and relatively pain free.”
– Sheila, retired (age 88)
- “Alison is very positive in her approach, and is fully expert in all aspects of possible problems in pregnancy. She has helped me with long standing back issues, as well as those that have flared up during pregnancy such as bursitis and a hyper-mobile sacroiliac joint. She also advises on practicalities such as buggy types, bras, changing tables etc, as well as suggesting exercises to maintain flexibility.”
– Rebecca, Actress
“What I appreciate most is that Alison takes a holistic approach to working with me and I come away from each session feeling better aligned in the whole of my body, regardless of the specific ´quirk´ or injury I´ve come with. I´ve sought Alison´s support, advice and intervention both with acute injuries, chronic discomfort and for general ´body MOTs´, the latter of which really help to keep me moving freely in everyday activities and, I´m sure, are preventative of future problems. Alison´s integration of pilates principles and exercises with her osteopathic treatment has also been inspirational in my training to be a pilates teacher.”– Jo
“I´ve been three times now, and Alison has straightened me out. She´s so pleased with my progress that she says I don´t need to come any more. That´s a shame, because I´ve been loving it – but it´s also the mark of an honest woman, don´t you think? She´s very reassuring, is Alison…cordial, business-like, in charge…someone who sticks steadfastly to the twin, old-fashioned ideas that, number one, physical problems often require physical solutions, and number two, she knows more about these problems and solutions than I do.
Upper back pain is very common in people who do desk jobs, she said,
I see it all the time.This brisk, even brusque, rather boring diagnosis had the unshakeable merit of being absolutely true. She prodded and probed, pushed and pummelled, got a couple of satisfying clicks out of my seized-up back, wrote down a couple of exercises for me to do at home and sent me on my way. No problems since. I hesitate to use the word but, well, I think Alison has cured me.”– Robert Crampton, The Times
- Andrew was recommended to me by my osteopath to complement the treatment I was getting for Back Pain. The class has not only helped with flexibility and pain reduction but also taught me methods to protect my back.Thank you Andrew for your good humour and patience from a complete Pilates novice!
– Steve, Digital Artist
- Hi Andy,
Thanks for this weeks exercises, it really helps me to remember and practice what we have done. I want to thank you for our great Pilates lessons. Honestly Andy, at 67 I thought my decorating days were over, but I have just finished five days doing just that. I was able to move much more like I used to, I am more supple and much stronger and confident in my body. I can’t imagine life without Pilates now!Alison [osteopath at The Bath Prtactice] has given me excellent care too and I very much like the way you two work together for my benefit.All in all, a brilliant service! Thanks so much.
- I started Pilate’s after suffering from severe back pain. I had M R I scans and two invasive procedures at the hospital which didn’t help at all.
I went to Pilate’s classes and after a couple of months was learning with the help of Andy to start coping with the pain. Now I still have pain but it doesn’t rule my life as before as it is under control. I would recommend anyone to give Pilate’s a try.
- Hi Andy, enjoyed the class. I think it’s going to be really beneficial, looking forward to next week.
- Canicross – running with dogs – is my passion but in the spring, injuries acquired through bad form and general wonkiness meant I doubted I’d ever run again, let alone race. My physio recommended Pilates and I found Andy. A runner himself, he understands both the physiology and psychology of running and immediately restored my hope. A few 1-1s followed by regular classes and some home practice and the dogs and me are back on the trails. Not just running: we achieved a PB in a recent race (with no pain afterwards). Andy’s Pilates teaching is ace! –Sarah
- I think you/we have performed a miracle! Today is the first morning for 18 months that I haven’t had any back pain! Hurray
- ‘Andy’s a magician. Through observation, small adjustments and exactly the right exercises he helped me run again, where months of top-rated physio had failed. He’s now the first port of call for me whenever I encounter problems training. He’s brilliant, and a completely lovely man too!’
-Top 5 UK under 21 marathon runner
I came to visit Alexis after having no luck with my doctor for 8 months for constant slugglsh feeling, tummy ache, constant nausea and not feeling myself. Alexis carried out an intolerance test and spent a long time explaining possible reasons why I had been feeling that way and explored further testing to get to the root of the problem. Alexis suggested small lifestyle changes that I could make and certain food groups that I am intolerant to. Then I was given a plan of how to make these changes and even details of all the places I can go to buy alternative foods. I am now feeling much better. I was very impressed with the help I received from Alexis and have been recommending her to my friends and family and will continue to do so in the future. Thanks Alexis!
Although I have only seen Alexis a few times, I have found her to be very easy to talk to and have found that she listens and understands my issues and questions. Alexis has a wide knowledge over all areas of dietary health and has given me several ideas to try. Alexis also helped me very quickly to rule out any underlying health issues. While I am a “work in progress” I do feel that I am on the right track.
Alexis has really helped my autistic toddler. Her advice has been uniquely tailored to our situation. She is very supportive in a way that not even my family has been in dealing with my son’s health condition. I feel that we are now on the right track nutritionally with my son.
Having gone down the medical route for relief from my stomach problems and had various procedures, without a successful resolution, I decided to try a Nutritional Therapist. I am fortunate that Alexis Prior has a practice in my village. Alexis is a good listener and very thorough in her consultations, I was treated as an individual. The lifestyle and dietary changes she recommended have been extremely helpful and although my stomach problems have not completely gone away, they are significantly improved.
I have found working with Alexis extremely beneficial. For the first time in 10 years I have some answers to my health problems. I am already beginning to feel better and now know why I have felt so ill. I wish that I had known about her a long time ago and saved myself a lot of money and heartache.
When I contacted Alexis I was having a lot of allergic reactions after eating fruit and other staple foods such as bread and pasta. I had already been tested for food allergies so knew that I was allergic to tree nuts and had some intolerances to some fruits but this was happening on foods that were previously OK. The first consultation was very detailed, plenty of excellent advice, and I left with new foods to try, a gradual change to a high fire diet, new ways of cooking and a whole host of other useful information. Within a month I was noticing a difference. I was no longer hungry, I felt full after each meal and was about to start introducing the fruit back into my diet. 12 months on I am fixed and a lot more healthy for it. I have textbook cholesterol, blood pressure, controlled diabetes and I have much more energy.
- “I had suffered from migraine-type headaches for 2 to 3 years, with a headache every single day in the last year. The doctors all said nothing was wrong with me. I was becoming desperate. I thought I would never escape from these headaches, and I wondered how I could live like this.
Within days of seeing Rosemary my headaches were easing. Within weeks they had gone. I feel like I have been given a new lease of life.
– Homotoxicology patient, aged 26
- “Thank you, thank you! My 15 year old daughter is SO much better having received treatment from you. I admit I was at my wits end when we came to see you … her family watched her lose confidence, become withdrawn, angry, tearful and so sad. The remedies you prescribed started to work so soon. We’ve got our wonderful daughter back. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”
– Parent of 15 year old patient with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- “Since seeing Thomasina I now feel more relaxed generally, think more clearly and I know I am more effective at what I do.”
- “These days I stand up straighter, I don’t have back pain and best of all I can handle more pressure and deal with it a lot better.”
- “After a series of sports injuries I am comfortably doing sports again. Fantastic!”
- “I feel so much more like me now, pain free at the start of the day and a spring back in my step.”
- “Six decades of trying to find a way to make my body work without pain to my joints etc. At last!”
- “I now have a different perspective on a number of issues in my life and an amazing degree of calmness. I feel fantastic!”
- “Instead of feeling rundown and tired I am full of energy and vigour.”
- “I am healthier, more relaxed, more calm, more present and generally happier in my life.”
Around 40 years ago I had a serious back injury. At the time I was 33 and recovered quite quickly. For years my back caused no problems, but from my 50s onwards I began to have problems. I went to Physiotherapists, Osteopaths and latterly a Chiropractor. All were able to help and the effectiveness of the treatment usually lasted for some weeks. However, with increasing age (I am now 75) the problems became worse and the treatments less effective until three years ago I could barely walk 100 yards .
That was when I began to have treatment from Madeleine. I had the ten Rolfing treatments and since then have had more. My back problem can never be completely resolved and I will still need to have occasional treatment from Madeleine, but I feel years younger and fitter. I now do a daily 2 mile walk (including a steep up hill part). I go to weekly Vinyasa Krama Yoga classes, weekly pilates and do 30 minutes of daily Yoga exercises.
Madeleine Zagni is a gifted healer and holistic health practitioner.
I had the good fortune of meeting Madeleine at the Reebok health club in London, where I booked a Rolfing session out of curiosity. As soon as she started working on me I realised she is an exceptional therapist; strong, glowing, healthful and vibrant, and she infuses her clients with those same qualities. I signed straight up for the Rolfing ten series, and together with some lifestyle changes – starting regular workouts at the gym and eating more healthily – proceeded to transform my body and correspondingly, my happiness levels.
For the first time ever I felt I had the possibility of a perfect body, within the constraints of my DNA at any rate. I had always felt my back was a bit hunched, a consequence of a sedentary desk job, my shoulders rounded forward, I knew my hips were a little misaligned, and hadn’t realised my right leg pointed slightly inwards. These imperfections weren’t critical or life threatening, but imperfections nonetheless and detracted from both my physical strength and my psychological presence.
After completing the ten series I feel, and look, transformed. I am stronger in every way and very grateful and glad to have met Madeleine. Next up I plan to start one to one yoga lessons with her and I can’t wait. I highly recommend her services.
Global Head of Conduct, HSBC Commercial bank
I went to Sophie with a shoulder injury. After the first treatment I couldn’t believe the incredible difference she made, having no pain finally after about 4 months was incredible. I am now having ongoing treatment to keep on top of any issues. Sophie is brilliant, very knowledgeable and knows exactly how to treat you and where …. Give her a go because I promise you won’t be disappointed. Sandra
I cannot rate Sophie at The Recovery Studio high enough! I have had painful back spasms and a tight lower back for nearly a year. Sophie has been treating me since the end of January and the difference now is amazing (and I’ve started back running, which was my main aim). I cannot thank you enough Sophie!
I was having issues with re-occuring plantarfacitiis when running. Just after a few sessions at the Recovery Studio and good stretching I was back to running. The following month I was still able to complete my first Ironman distance triathlon. Sophie is excellent in the work she does and I have been delighted with the benefits of her sport massage therapy
Szymon -Ironman Triathlete
As a Serious Rugby Player and Gym Enthusiast I can honestly say The Recovery Studio provided some of the best sports massage therapy and treatment I have ever experienced. With two previous ACL injuries and a partially slipped disk, I get a lot a tightness in my hamstrings, quads and lower back due to compensation. The Recovery Studio has been the main factor in my return to Rugby, providing careful and structured treatment that has helped me get back into a physical state beyond what I was pre-injury. I’d highly recommend this business to anyone.
Dale – Rugby Player & Gym Enthusiast
- ‘I came to see Mr Coles at a time when I felt lost, unhappy and unsure whether I could change. Through understanding, thought and impressive skill he helped me see how much I was able to improve my life. One year on I am still applying what he showed me and I have never felt better’.
– Mike, Bath
During the last 10 years when the sun came out and there was an increase in temperature, I developed a painful, and extremely itchy rash with blisters, on my hands, arms, chest and back. Occasionally it even affected my face. I used various anti histamine tablets, and prescribed steroid creams, which did not seem to improve my skin condition.
Before bio resonance Following bio resonance
A friend suggested I contact Amanda for allergy testing and bio resonance.
Following testing it turned out I had intolerance to a number of foods and substances and not the sun. My symptoms were treated with bioresonance. Subsequently, I omitted these foods from my diet and after 4 sessions of bio resonance my skin was clear. The good news is that I can now go outside on sunny days and maybe even go abroad on holiday thanks to Amanda and bioresonance. I would highly recommend bio-resonance to anyone suffering with skin problems.
“I had suffered from an all-too-common misconception – that is, that the encroachment of ‘middle-age’ meant I would put on weight and lose my figure. I didn’t realize it at the time, but this (false) belief was leading me to lose focus on maintaining a natural and necessary balance between diet and exercise. Once Amanda had ‘tuned me in’ to my unhelpful thought patterns, my interest in what I ate re-established itself, as did my appreciation of my own wellbeing, and I re-discovered the buzz of regular exercise. Losing weight and getting fit seemed to happen as a side-effect of my fresh awareness, and came very easily. Having lost around 18ibs during the last 12 months without anything I would seriously call ‘effort’, I would say I’m now healthier, happier and fitter than at any other time in my life. Thank you Amanda, for helping me to allow myself to change for the better!”
Jacqueline Waring Treeplanning.co.uk
Robert wrote: ‘In my own case, Amanda’s combination of hypno-therapy and bioresonance has been complementary in two senses. First, in that it has addressed crucial problems, such as insomnia, or anxiety, which have been blocking the beneficial effects of more mainstream drug therapies–in my case, steroids for very bad psoriasis–and so has allowed those conventional therapies to act more quickly, and therefore cut down their use! But it’s also complementary in that the treatments run in parallel. The Bio-resonance is almost like a bonus. If you already find hypnotherapy beneficial, as I did, then adding in the bio-resonance treatment can enhance the overall benefit. In my case, for example, it demonstrated to me that I had become acutely allergic to dogs, while also helping me to tolerate their presence.’ I hope that’s useful for you! Many thanks indeed for helping me to get to this much more balanced state. I’ll be calling on your services again if there’s any backsliding!
“Karen takes the time to really listen and is very good at giving advice on the best type of treatment – she also uses the best products and is up to date with the latest treatments”
(Reflexology, Surge of Chi)
“Karen understands my needs and really takes her time to determine the best course of action to help with my issues.”
(Remedial Massage and Reflexology)
“Thank you so much for the back massage and stretches you showed me, as you know I was in a lot of pain since my fall, but since the massage I have been pain free and my back feels much stronger. As a result I now feel able to exercise again and so hopefully I will be able to keep any future pain at bay.”
“I have had massages from Jan and found it helpful, relieving of aches and discomfort and relaxing at times.. Jan adjusts the pressure as I require in an ad hoc way.”
“Jan Erik Posth has worked as masseur at Cint AB in Stockholm. Once a month he has come to our office with all materials for doing a proper classic massage on our employees.
His work has been really appreciated and useful for all “computernecks and backs”. He has been a very good benefit for all.
I can highly recommend his skills as masseur and he is also a very nice, humouristic and polite person.”
-Eva Mattson, HR